Spanish Program for Grades 6–12
What is Auténtico?
Auténtico is a complete Spanish language program for all levels, Grades 6–12. It will infuse your Spanish language instruction with the rich nuances of Hispanic cultures, history, and peoples. Authentic conversations, music, art, film, customs, texts, and media weave seamlessly throughout the Auténtico print and online curriculum.
What is available to purchase?
Auténtico is made up of:
- Student Edition - Available in digital or print, includes Spanish vocabulary terms with vivid photographs; cultural notes and sidebars on every page, authentic resources with level-appropriate tasks, and scaffolded activities at every step to support their learning.
- Teacher’s Edition - Available in digital or print, includes wrap-around pages that provide direct instruction and teaching suggestions to engage students. Planning pages for each topic and lesson make implementation and pacing easy for teachers. The digital Teacher’s Edition includes classroom planning and teaching strategies.
- Auténtico Digital Course - The Auténtico digital courseware on Savvas Realize™ includes digital tools that give teachers flexibility to use a digital, print, or blended format in their classrooms. Teachers can customize the program to rearrange content, upload their own content, add links to online media, and edit resources and assessments. Resources include:
- Videohistorias and Videomodelos that model language usage
- Speak and record activities
- Discussion boards to foster interpersonal communication
- Canciones de hip hop songs to practice vocabulary and grammar
- Authentic Spanish language videos
- Interactive map activities
- Spanish grammar tutorials
- Interactive whiteboard activities
- Assignable Spanish language games
- Interactive digital activities
- Auténtico Literacy Skills Workbook - Thematically linked readings and skills-based practice activities ideal for all students of Spanish, including heritage speakers.
- Auténtico Authentic Resources Workbook - Authentic resources and activities develop language acquisition and foster cultural understanding.
- Auténtico Leveled Vocabulary and Grammar Workbook - Provides differentiated practice to help students learn the new vocabulary and grammar.
- Auténtico Para hispanohablantes - Integrated within our Auténtico program is our all-Spanish Para hispanohablantes resources that provide support for teaching the heritage speaker with Auténtico.
Does Auténtico align to the ACTFL World Readiness Standards?
Auténtico is fully aligned to the ACTFL World Readiness Standards. Spanish reading, writing, speaking, listening, vocabulary, and grammar apply students’ skills and understanding in authentic contexts. Students practice in all three modes of communication—interpretive, interpersonal, and presentational—building confidence and proficiency as they learn. Integrated Performance Assessments and Project-based learning experiences let students demonstrate what they can do with the Spanish language.
Does Auténtico include authentic Spanish language cultural experiences?
Yes—it’s even in the name Auténtico. Interacting with authentic resources in the text and online, students can listen to native speakers, read a Spanish magazine article or blog, and take a virtual field trip around the Spanish-speaking world. Auténtico is immersive and interactive language learning with supported authentic Spanish resources, created by native speakers for native speakers, with real-world contexts relevant to students’ lives.
How do I sign up for an Auténtico digital demo?
Auténtico digital courseware on Savvas Realize™ includes robust digital tools that give teachers flexibility to use a digital, print, or blended format in their classrooms. All the course content is available online, and teachers can customize the program to rearrange content, upload their own content, add links to online media, and edit resources and assessments. Program-specific resources, flexible agnostic resources, and assessments are available in one location for easy lesson planning and presentation. Click here to sign up for a demo.